The jaw is also known as the TMJ or Temporomandibular Joint. It can be painful as the result of injury, inflammatory disease, poor postures and habits or growth disorders.
Pain is the most common symptom of TMJ problems, although not everyone gets pain. Symptoms can include:
- Pain in the jaw joints and facial muscles
- Clicking, grinding or locking of the jaw
- Headaches & Dizziness
- Difficulty opening or closing the mouth comfortably
- Pain on talking, chewing (especially hard food) & yawning
- Ear pain, ringing in the ears (tinnitus) & hearing loss
Physiotherapy treatment aims to:
- Relieve pain
- Restore normal function and movement
- Reduce or minimise stiffness
For an assessment and treatment of TMJ disorders call on 4423 5757 for an appointment.