Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists have expertise in the treatment of musculoskeletal (muscle and joint) conditions. Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists employ advanced clinical assessment and diagnosis methods, and have been trained in a broader range of treatment techniques than many other health professionals.
Members of the Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists Australia (MPA) are world-leaders in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of muscle and joint problems, especially spinal conditions that commonly cause lower back pain and neck pain.
Click for more information on Back and Neck pain
Your Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist can:
- Totally relieve or reduce your pain.
- Provide you with strategies to best manage your injury or condition.
- Help you to recover quicker and hasten your return to your normal activities.
- Improve your flexibility, muscle strength, quality of movement, proprioception and co-ordination.
- Assist you to achieve exercise or functional goals.
- Improve your fitness.
- Help you to prevent future injury recurrences.
- Prescribe exercises to do at home, work in the gym to enhance your recovery.
- Management of Osteoarthritis pain