At Nowra Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic physiotherapists are specifically trained and experienced in assessing and treating back and neck pain. Common causes of neck and back pain are trauma, injuries, poor posture and arthritis. Your physiotherapist will assess you and determine not only the optimal treatment for you, but also teach you how to reduce the risk of the injury recurring.
Your physiotherapist will perform a detailed assessment, including:
- postural assessment
- joint/muscular flexibility
- palpation of joints/soft tissues
- detailed history
- Manual therapy (including soft tissue massage, stretches, trigger point releases)
- Joint mobilisations (joint mobilisations are techniques used to improve joint movement and pain. Mobilising joints can often achieve similar results to manipulation (”cracking joints”), but without using as much force, eliminating the risk that can be involved with spinal manipulation)
- Prescription of stretches and exercises
To make an appointment for and assessment and treatment please call 4423 5757.